Our first workshop to Oaxaca filled so quickly, that Katie Kendrick and Judy Wise wanted to offer two more Painting trips next year. The first is Paint Mexico City March 14-22, and the second, to San Miguel de Allende October 9-17.
Although Mexico City is one of the largest in the world, we will contain ourselves to the Condesa neighborhood filled with Art-Deco buildings, parks and restaurants, only venturing out to visit sites a couple of days. It is a very dog friendly neighborhood where water bowls outside restaurants are the norm. The parks are filled with residents walking their dogs or just out for a stroll throughout the day and into the evening. Some of Mexico City’s finest restaurants are located in Condesa, as is an award winning chocolatier and his shop (Ana Elena and I forced ourselves to try it on your behalf), with bakeries strategically placed between beautiful apartment buildings.
Ana Elena Martinez and I have been organizing trips with Culinary Adventures in Mexico for the past 17 years. Ana Elena is a pastry chef who lives in Puebla and owns three stores. She has traveled on all but one of our culinary trips throughout Mexico and has friends and relatives in most places we visit. Together with Judy and Katie, we will make sure that your trip is filled with feasts for your eyes, as well as your tummies. Mexico City is an amazing place to see all forms of art.
The cost for this 9-day trip is $3,100 based on double occupancy. It includes:
- A welcoming fiesta
- Five days creating with Katie and Judy that will include plein-air sketching, painting, plastering and a few surprises thrown in by these two very inspiring and generous artists. Classes will be held on the rooftop of the Red Tree House annex.
- Seven breakfast, six lunches, four dinners
- Two exploring days to visit Frida Kahlo’s Blue House, the ancient canals of Xochimilco that Mexico City was built upon and where we will float along the same waters as the Aztecs did, Chapultepec Castle, The Museo de Arte Popular where we will see folk art from all of Mexico,
the enormous zocolo, Palacio National, the site of the Mexican government with its impressive Diego Rivera murals, and more.
- Market tour with pastry chef
- Most art supplies will be provided
- Transportation on travel days
- An evening with special friends, internationally known photographer, Ignacio Urquiza and his wife, Laura Cordera, a food stylist in their beautiful art-filled home with a special photography show and accompanying tasty treats.
- Farewell dinner
- A new art tribe
- Includes 8 nights accommodation at the #1 B&B in Mexico City, the Red Tree House with our gracious hosts Craig and Jorge and their wonderful staff. You will be amazed at the artwork spread throughout their rooms, some even made by Craig who creates assemblages and is a longtime set designer for the Shakespeare Festival in Ashland, Oregon.
Excludes airfare to/from Mexico City and taxi to/from airport (approximately 250 pesos).
The trip will be limited to 12 participants. A nonrefundable deposit of $500 is due now with the remaining payment due January 1, 2015 (lots of time to make payments!). Installments can be made for the remaining balance.
We hope you can join us to Paint Mexico City. Contact Kathie Vezzani to register or for more information by filling out the contact form.